In light of a recent ABC report, there are almost 14 million formally registered vehicles in Australia and some experts believe that this figure will reach 15 million before the year 2026; however, this shouldn’t be all that astonishing when considering the fact that more than 200,000 driving tests are facilitated each year from coast to coast.
This brief write-up will cover some illuminating (and somewhat strange) bits of information about cars and then help you decrease the cost of your next automotive repair bill.
Brushing up on Your Car-Related Trivia
With millions of cars, trucks, and SUVs on the Australian boulevards and streets, it’s pretty easy to take these incredible machines for granted but let’s delve into the world of wheels and outline some curious details about vehicles and our nation’s roadways:
- The typical Australian adult drives upwards of 13,500 kilometres every year, which can be extrapolated to nearly 200 billion kilometres for the entire population. Believe it or not, this cumulative distance would allow you to take two dozen round-trip journeys to the dwarf planet Pluto.
- If you’re under the impression that your last speeding ticket was way too exorbitant, take a moment to ponder the story of Richard Anderson and his trip to Switzerland. Swiss laws mandate that speeding tickets have to be proportionate to the offender’s income level and he was actually charged the equivalent of $300,000 in Australian currency for going 35 kilometres per hour over the speed limit.
- Studies have indicated that approximately 6% of vehicle collisions in Australia are caused by animals but experts believe that this under-reported figure is probably closer to 11%.
- Even though we drive on the left side in Australia, it’s worth noting that we are in the minority when compared to other countries in the world; more than 65% of other nations drive on the right-hand side.
- Manual transmission vehicles tend to last longer and they cost less to maintain over the span of 10 years but 70% of the automobiles in Australia feature an automatic transmission.
Additionally, you might want to know that the parts and maintenance niche of the Australian automotive sector accounts for nearly 35% of its total value, which makes sense given that we spend somewhere in the neighbourhood of $34 billion each year on repairs, upkeep, and servicing.
How to Save Money on Auto Services
If you happen to be on the hunt for economical auto repairs in Perth, you should heed the advice of industry experts and partner with a time-tested bodywork centre that can tout the following characteristics:
- Comprehensive vehicle repairs for every make and model
- Loaner cars available per request
- Inclusive pickup and drop-off assistance to help you stay on schedule during repairs
- On-demand mobile estimates that allow you to charter a friendly assessor directly to your location
- Authorised vehicle body inspections
- Long-term warranties on all repair services
- Complimentary valet clean for every service appointment
Follow these guidelines and you’ll be able to tend to your vehicle in a cost-effective, hassle-free fashion!